Problem building BizTalk projects in TFS 2010
Dave Robinson – one of my Solidsoft Colleagues’ has recently been working with BizTalk 2009 and TFS 2010 and solved a number of issues. Dave writes:
I’ve been doing a bit of work building BizTalk 2009 projects with TFS build 2010. I’ve encountered a number of issues.
1. You get errors when trying to use the 64 bit versions of MSBuild to compile BizTalk Applications. The issue and fix are mentioned here
- Although the link is talking about BizTalk 2010, you get the same problems.
2. Some projects types will have problems resolving references to components, i.e. some types are referenced in both v2 and v4 of the .Net framework. This is down to a problem with BizTalk 2009/.Net 4 (which the BizTalk team need to produce a fix for) has problems with these so you need to perform the following workaround
- I found that I got this problem for
- Any schema projects which referenced a common property schema that was using System.Xml
- Any orchestrations that were using System.Diagnostics
- Different scenarios may also show the same symptoms, but the fix is the same.